Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This week on "What the Hell am I Drawing Now?"


3/15/2011 11:47 PM

Actually, this is more for everyone just tuning in... that, of course, includes me since this is basically going to be my first posting. So i guess the best thing for me to do is to write sort of a preamble, a preface, a background, a brief "what's lead to here" type posting. So here goes.

I love what I do. So much so that it interfered with everything else I’ve tried to do. At least as far as jobs and such where concerned.  I’m 100% MIT (Made in Taiwan). Being asian, my parents had aspirations of me being a doctor or a lawyer or an engineer, so you can probably guess the size of the happy hat my parents were wearing when I told them I was going to be an artist or die trying. Why did I come to that conclusion? I had been drawing and doing art since I could hold a pencil, literally. In every job I’ve ever worked, I’ve always thought to myself that I’d rather be drawing, so I went for it.

I’ve done airbrush painting, equestrian art, portraits, some light graphic design, vehicle painting, logo art, tattooing, and gallery art.

So at this stage of my life, I’m doing only special cases tattooing, and mostly gallery art. Got a couple big opportunities in the gallery art department, but I think I’d rather ease into talking about that as things become more concrete.

So I’m writing this now as a visit a friend here in Salem, Or. This is significant only that Salem is where I learned to tattoo. I’m out here on a little vacation… vacation here having the meaning of “getting away from LA distractions so I might get my head clear and get some work done.” So far, this is exactly what I need and I think I’m getting some work done. I’ll be back in LA on the first and I should be flying to China for a one month adventure in the middle of next month. But that’s a story for another day. Can’t wait!

I’ll be posting sketches and WIPs (Works In Progress) periodically from here on out and various other “Dairy” posts as often as I can, so stay tuned kids =)

No comments:

Post a Comment