Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This is one of my more recent projects. I'm stepping back a little from the figurative work and I'm going to focus on the wildlife art for a little while. For some reason, I can't bring myself around to taking this piece too seriously. I mean, I want to bring it up to my usual standard of work, but I just kinda threw it down, not really caring if things are just right or not and I've just been slowly picking away at it. I've been more focused on trying to feel and capture the life of the image instead of the technical side of it all. Don't know if I'm happy about how it's working out yet, but then I'd say I'm only about 15% don't at this point too.

Went to a local barn today with Angie, little Izzy, and Angies mom today. Set it up as a "meet and greet" for little Izzy to see horses for the first time. She abso-freakin-lutely loved it! The owner of the barn also extended an invitation to go out there anytime to take reference photos for any future work I want to do. SCORE! They have some beautiful horses there. So now I'm trying to get my hands on a good DSLR camera since I left mine at home thinking I wouldn't need it. I'm never going anywhere without it again. My little waterproof/shockproof 12mpx camera is ok, but no telephoto or other bells and whistles. Trying to see if I can barrow or rent something.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment