Friday, January 4, 2013

"Act of Valor" review

So I finally had a chance to watch "Act of Valor" 2012. Movie about Navy SEaLs. All and all... it was alright. It's not "Saving Private Ryan", but i think it was fairly well done. Acting sucked, but from what i understand, the characters were actually played be real Special Operations Operators so I guess it's to be expected. I would venture to say that 99% of effects and such were accurate, there were only a couple small details that i could nit-pick, but all and all, pretty convincing. The story, I feel, seemed like it was a much bigger story with a much bigger impact that had to be cut down to fit into the time allotted. Even though they basically tied off all the loose ends, it still felt unfinished. Being a military buff and all, having a pretty heavy military family background, and having served myself and been friends with servicemen and specops personnel.... I give this movie a 8. Lots of military movie cliches, but it was alright all things concidering.


- It's Good to be the King =)

No comments:

Post a Comment